Date: Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Hello Family!
I am glad how God works in our lives, that he was able to make my P-day later this week so you would have time to write me. :) And wow, talk about cross country travelers. It seems like every email I have gotten the last few weeks has talked about some road trip somewhere to visit someone. It´s actually really funny, Germans don´t understand that at all. But anyway, Jason thanks for your email. It was fun to hear your version about your date. And I am excited to see you too! It doesn´t seem real yet, which is good, that I will go home in a few weeks. I really feel like I will just be in Germany forever doing missionary work for the rest of my life. :) I had the same feeling in Nauvoo, I just felt like I was there to stay to plant and take care of flowers the rest of my life. It´s funny how that happens.
But this week has been good. One really neat thing was having our investigator Sencan come to church this past Sunday. He has been super busy with school, but he finally committed to coming. And the spirit was so strong during testimony meeting. There was a baby blessing before hand and the mother got up and bore her testimony of how God knows our hearts. She said a few years ago she had served in the Berlin mission and her dream was to find a German family (she is American), teach them the gospel, and lead them to coming nearer to Christ. She said she never let a mother pass her by, she ALWAYS gave them something. But at the end of her mission she had not been able to find a family that was ready to be brought into the gospel. She said she was a little frustrated and confused. Before her mission she had felt that is why she went on her mission. Then a few years later while at BYU she met a german man and they ended up getting married, and now they are living here in Germany and she is the mother teaching her family the gospel and is leading them nearer to Christ. She was the mother she had been looking for while on her mission. As she spoke I felt the spirit so strong, confirming to me that God knows who I am, and what is in my heart. It does not go unnoticed. God knows us better than ourselves and seeks to make our dreams come true. We just need to have faith in Him and do the things He commands us personally. God speaks through prophets and through our hearts. If we trust that, and follow the directions He gives us for our life, we will find our dreams fulfilled.
Yesterday we had the opportunity of attending the Zone leader conference. Every transfer the Zone leaders and the Assistants meet together with President Ninow to talk about what needs to be taught during Zone Conference. They also invite one companionship of sisters to come and take part. I have always wanted to go, but this was my first chance. It was so incredible. One of the Zone leaders gave a great lesson on sanctification and after he was done President Ninow thanked him and asked if he could take a little more time on that. Then President spoke and we read scriptures together and read in preach my gospel together and discussed what it really means to be sanctified and how the process works. The spirit was so strong and I was so grateful for the opportunity to watch the priesthood in action. I feel like that is one reason I am so glad to be here on a mission. We get to work directly with many priesthood holders bishops, stake presidents, district leaders, zone leaders, our mission president, and I have gained a great testimony of how it works and the importance of it.
Mom asked about the young man, Tom, who ran after us to ask about family history work. He forgot last week, and so we are going to go there tomorrow together. We´re hoping for the best.
Family, I love you, yes I do!
Til next week!
Love,
Sister Fitzgerald
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment