Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Familie!
Mom, you asked if I could feel the families prayers and the answer is YES! This week was none like any other in my mission. We were able to teach SO many lessons and get our investigators progressing! IT was so incredible.
My favorite thing this week was teaching Jules. He had had a lot of questions about Prophets and the organization of the church and so we had a lesson about that. We talked about it and watched a clip from Special Witnesses then at the end committed him to pray to know if it was true. He said that it didn´t matter to him if there were prophets or not, it wouldn´t change anything in his personal life. I was surprised at his response, and knew there was something he wasn´t understanding. Then I just looked at him straight in the eye and bore my testimony and the spirit just took over and I was able to share how following the prophet has helped me in my life and how it could help him in his personal life. We talked about some other things and then asked him again if he would pray and he said that he would like to know and he would pray to find out. There was a total turn around in the lesson and it was amazing to see how the spirit helped us meet his needs. I can´t even explain it very well but it was so cool.
This week we also taught another one of our investigators that we haven´t met with for a while. He was having a hard time understanding the restoration so we did a review and watched the restoration movie and talked about it. At the end we asked him what he liked about it and he said that he felt it was true. We then asked him if he wanted to be baptized. He said Yes! It was awesome. We had talked about baptism before but he wasn´t sure and didn´t understand, but this time he felt the spirit very strongly and now wants to be baptized. Hurray!
Another neat thing this week was going to FHE last night. We had a couple investigators there and a less active we are working with right now. What made it special was having Joseph B. Worthlin Jr. and his wife there. It was such a treat. He is working for the church here in Germany and is over the Outreach Centers here. IT was fun to talk with him and his wife. She is from Sugar City and so we talked about that for a little while. They brought the spirit with them and were really good with the people that were there.
I am grateful for what the church does for us. IT helps us in all aspects of our lives.
I have to go now, I don´t have a lot of time today, but I love you very much. And thank you again for your prayers. They help!
Love,
Sister Fitzgerald
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment