Tuesday, July 21, 2009

God is Always There

Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Familie! Ich liebe euch!

Thank you for all the emails. The Lord truly has blessed me this week, through you! Receiving your emails helps me to be optimistic. Thank you so much. Wow, the business is officially sold! Dad how do you feel? Mom, you joined facebook! My goodness. Now I feel like anything is possible. Chris you got your wisdom teeth out. How many? How are you feeling now? Ritchie way to go loading out all the machines by yourself. That is a pretty hefty job. I am impressed. Jason, Crozier, what are you up to?

Some really neat things have happened this week. It has been pretty great. I have started to take notes in my planner of things I want to tell you about because I always seem to forget the little things that happen. Anyway, first things first. At our Zone Conference Elder Coasse told us to go through the church and set up a church tour for our investigators. This would help them to feel more comfortable coming to church, and they would be able to feel of the spirit in the church. So Sister Niebergall and I did that. We walked through the church and organized a tour where we would stop and what we would say. Then later in the week our investigator Peter was able to come. (He is the one that got sick last week and wasn´t able to do this church tour we had planned). It was really neat. We started in the chapel and talked about the Sacrament then went through the rest of the church stopping to explain temples and families, health Word of Wisdom, then we ended in the room with the baptismal font and we both bore our testimonies of the blessings we have received form being baptized and asked him if he would be baptized when he found out the church was true. He said yes! then we asked him how he felt and he said wonderful. We told him that was the Holy Ghost telling him that the church is true. It was really cool. We are so grateful and happy to be teaching him.

Another neat thing was on Saturday we had a street preach. That is where our zone gets together and we sing hymns on the Fuß (pedestrian walkway thing) and others of us go and contact people that are walking by or stop to listen. Anyway, so we were singing and I noticed this lady that had stopped to listen, and after a song or two she started to walk away. So my companion and I ran up to her and told her why we were singing, because we knew Christ was our Savior and that brought us joy and we want to share that joy with others. She at first said she was Catholic and that she would stay that way. We said that was OK but then asked how knowing the Savior has helped her in her life. After that she just started crying and said that it has been really hard for her lately. But when we she walked by and heard us singing about Christ, and noticed we were all really young, we all looked nice, and were friendly she felt that the world was still good. There were still good people on the earth. She said thank you (Danke) a few times then left. She didn´t turn into a contact, but she felt the spirit of the Lord and it meant a lot to me to know that we were doing good and through that other peoples faith was being strengthened. It is moments like that that make me so happy to be a missionary.

Family, once again, I love you. I know God is there loving, helping, serving all of us. This gospel is true.

Love,
Sister Fitzgerald

P.S.
Mom thank you for sending those pictures from Annika, and for the quote, and Cole´s funeral program. That was really neat to read. I am glad Ritchie was able to be a part of it.

No comments: